Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy Passover!

I don't think I will ever be ready for the seder tomorrow night. I love the holiday. Everything is so clean and fresh but it's exhausting. I have been on the go since 9 this morning and the kitchen is finally ready.

There is still so much to do. But at least the fish is done and thankfully the soup is almost done. I am going to let it cool down a little bit ( I am going to have a nap while it's cooling) and then I will put it in the fridge. I just realized that I forgot to write matzah balls on my list.

I'm a list maker. My mom taught me this. I love writing them. My favourite part is crossing things off the list. I write out my menu, the things I need to get at the grocery store, things I need to do.

My menu is set for tomorrow night, now I just have to cook the rest. Nobody will starve. I always have too much food. But what can I say, I am a Jewish mother and I always worry that there won't be enough. It's amazing my hubby doesn't weigh 300 pounds!

I figure get up early and everything will get done. As my mom says "It always does!"

I'm off to the kitchen so I want to wish you a very happy and health Pesach or Easter (whichever you celebrate) May you be surrounded by good friends and family, may you have fun, sing lots of songs and may it be warm!! (we have had snow for the last 2 days!)

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

In the end, everything got done, and everything was delish. Not a day goes by that I don't count my lucky stars that you are who you are.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

you two are quite the fortunate couple. Shalom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home