Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

So Kind of them to share!

Good health is returning to our household...sort of. The 2 older ones are feeling better (yes, Dahlia got it too!) Noah is still pretty congested but at least it is the first morning since Monday that he has woken up without fever. Yeah! He also slept until 8:00 am. Yeah! In his own bed. Double yeah!! But he has kindly decided to share his little germs with his mother. Now I have a terrible sore throat, cough and headache. It's amazing...the kids who never want to share their things, always like to share their germs. How kind! :) I can't wait for spring!!

I need my mommy to come and tuck me in! So I'm going to just go and take it easy and maybe even have a little snooze. I hope you have a great (germ free) weekend!

Your turn: How do you keep the germs from spreading from one family member to another and back again? I need the secret.

10 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Ah yes, the adventures of parenthood. They say that one can never catch the same cold twice - that once exposed to a particular virus, one becomes immune to it. They also say (the same them, I am sure) that there are so many different strains of the common cold that we can never get them all. My question is simple enough: Where do the kids keep finding these new and elusive viruses (viri?).

Fortunately, those days are pretty much behind me, I rarely ever get sick anymore - maybe my kids have found everything worth sharing...

Tanya sent me,
Mike

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Sadly there is no secret..my grandson Noah age five is just finishing that germ in Eden New York... My poor daughter who has seven children only four living home is wondering who'll get it next.

Tanya (NetChick) sent me

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

As someone who suffered 4 chest infections last year I feel that the secret is eluding me also. I do hope you and your family feel much better soon. Colds are miserable things.

Netchick sent me to say hi.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Moon said...

My husband has been sick as a dog all week, I was sitting pretty..and taking all my vitamins all week..thinking I got away with NOT actually getting it. He is feeling alot beter today but I woke up with a sore throat!! ARGHHHH..
So the secret is still safe WITH SOMEONE ELSE I GUESS LOL!!
Hope u all feel better soon!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger sage said...

I hope you get better soon--keep those germs away from me! Here from Netchick's to wish you well.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Vodka Mom said...

I cross my fingers and give everyone a shot of vodka.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I am so happy to see you posting more often!! and thanks for becoming a follower - I really appreciate it!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

I have no idea of the secret. In our house, we have two teachers (germ catchers), a kid in grade one, and a kid in daycare. We basically are the welcoming committee for all viruses and germs.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger TorontoPearl said...

I've been rather slow in getting to your blog...'cause our household was overrun with germs. For the past 5-6 weeks, each one of my kids was sick: either with colds/coughs/pneumonia/viral infection/ear infection. In a two week span, I visited the pediatrician 3 times...and that was just for one of my kids.
I think they're all over everything...or else maybe starting again.
I finally have succumbed to the germs and started with a cold myself on Friday/Saturday.
Listen, it isn't just the household where the germs float around; their school was riddled with germs: slapcheek, stomach flu, colds, chicken pox. It's not been pretty...!
Refuah shlema/bonne sante (imagine the accent on the e in sante) to everyone in the Levy household!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger koreen (aka: winn) said...

Germs cannot be contained. Hope your health has returned.
Btw: You're a KreativBlogger too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home