Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School

It's hard to believe, but today is the first day of school. It's a year of firsts for us. Zach...the big guy is off to high school. I can hardly believe it. He finally told me last night "Yes ma, you're old enough to have a kid in high school!" So maybe I was in denial! :-) I just don't feel that old.

It's a first for Dahlia and Noah as well. Our brand new school is finished and the sounds of little (and big) feet echoed through the halls. It was wonderful to see the excitement in the children, parents and staff as they finally got an inside view of our new digs.

It's also a first for me. It's the first day with my new class. This will be the first class that I will be teaching in grade 2, who I did not have when I taught kindergarten.

I look forward to an exciting and rewarding year. I wish all of you and your children a wonderful academic year. May it be filled with learning, good health and fun!

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Nestor Family said...

Thank you for your wishes... and the best is also wished right back to you and your children for a wonderful school year!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, they grow so fast, don't they? My daughter-in-law sent me some pics this morning of my granddaughters starting school.

Zach will really find it different in high school, it will be a period of adjustment, for sure.
A new school for Dahlia and Noah will be exciting too.

I would imagine that teaching a grade 2 class would be a challenge... altho they are cute at that age, they are little bundles of energy, I would think.

There should be a lot to talk about at the dinner table tonight. Wishing you all a great year of health, laughter, love and learning.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Moon said...

I hope you have a great class! My daughter is in college this fall, in the arts program she wanted. She started last Jan but only in a basic program, in order to get into the one she wanted this fall, she is thrilled! She will also be turning 18 this month!! OH how the time flys!!It's so hard for me to believe.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

HIGHSCHOOL!!! wow!!!

:)

my baby starts Junior Kindergarten her first full day tomorrow.

So while this will be my first day with no kids because they're at school. It'll also be the last time I have my baby home with me on a regular morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home