Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man!

My little man Noah is celebrating a birthday today. You have never seen anyone so excited about getting a year older. Yesterday we were on the hour countdown. 12 more hours until I'm eight, 11 more hours, 10 more hours....

He is so cute. He woke me up at 6 a.m. so I could wish him happy birthday. The house was decorated and birthday posters were made. There were balloons on his chair in the kitchen, as well as all around the house. A "birthday boy" pin was waiting for him in his room and he is proudly wearing them on his pj's.

Dahlia wouldn't let him come downstairs until everyone was there and then she announced in a most regal voice "Presenting Noah the birthday boy!" and then he bounced down the stairs and allowed everyone to give him birthday hugs and kisses.

My parents are taking him out for lunch, all by himself. He doesn't have to share the limelight with his brother and sister. He is having a swimming party with his friends this afternoon and then his "cousins" are coming back after the party to hang out and have more birthday cake.

As I watch him, I marvel at the little man he has become. His feet remind me of a puppy...they look just a bit too big. He'll grow into them. He is funny, kindhearted, caring, loving, and so smart. Each day he makes me laugh. He's got an amazing sense of humour. He is my baby, my love bug.

Love bug, you are my true delight and I love you very much. I wish only good health and happiness for you and that all that you wish for come true for you.

Happy 8th Birthday!!

13 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Your son is so handsome! (saw his pictures over at your husbands blog) There is just something special about the last baby we have. It's magical.

Glad to hear that his birthday was a smashing success. May he have many happy returns of the day.

Enjoyed the visit to your blog.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

He is who he is because he's had you to pattern himself after. His goodness, his empathy...all you.

May we be able to celebrate so many more days like today. It's neat, this family thing we've created.

Love you. I'll stop typing now, as we need to tuck in.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger smarmoofus said...

Oh, I'm envious! I don't think my family ever did so much for mine... no, wait, yes they did. It's just been so long since that kind of fuss was made over me getting older that I've forgotten. *chuckle*

But I still celebrate my birthdays with an appreciation that most people wouldn't understand.

-smarmoofus

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger me said...

Love the photo's over at Carmi's, he is a beautiful boy.

I hope you had a good "birth day". I personally like to lay on the couch eating chocolate remembering what I was doing leading up to the "event".

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Holly Schwendiman said...

Just wanted to share my congrats. It's so bittersweet to watch them grow. :)

Hugs,
Holly

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Pam said...

happy birthday to your boy. glad he had a good time. he looks an awful lot like your husband. :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Nestor Family said...

It is so wonderful to read yours and Carmi's reflections on this birthday of Noah's... Hi, I'm Heidi... I am an avid "Caption This", "Thematic Phtoographic" and general written inc. participant/reader.

Happy Birthday to your son and many wishes to your whole family for continued blessings celebrating milestones like this!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Nestor Family said...

Oh... and I read a couple of your most recent posts:

-Our pastor at church always brings up the quote from Erma Bombeck (or was it Phyllis Diller?) about how it is pointless to clean up your house with kids around... it's like shoveling snow during a blizzard! I like this view!

-And I wish you the best with the weight loss/ training thing... good for you that you are getting out there to a trainer and for some walks! You can never look back and say "Oh, I could have done better." Always look forward and say, "I am going to try my best." That is always my best motivation. (I still have 15 pounds to go!)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger swilek said...

i popped on over from your husband's blog!! what wonderful traditions you have with your family! i'm glad you cherish them and are an example to the other families out there!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Star said...

Happy Birthday to Noah. You don't say how old. I love the way you made the whole day his. Michele sent me.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

Thank you for all your wonderful comments.

Our big 8 year old had a wonderful day.

Many of you have commented that he looks just like his daddy. You are all right! :-)

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me. I'm tickled to read about another Leo celebrating (my birthday is less that two weeks away). Sounds like he had an excellent day planned!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Canadian Mark said...

What a great day you've described!

Sounds like the sort of birthday festivities that will be the mark for comparison during the next decade or so. I still think back fondly to my tenth birthday party - Star Wars themed. Nothing has ever come close since.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home