Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Monkey Girl Turns 10!



I can hardly believe it but my little baby girl a.k.a. monkeygirl turned 10 yesterday. (I'm sorry I am writing this a day late, Dahlia!)

As many of you know, it has been trying few days in our household. You can read Carmi's take on the situation here.

Every year when the kids wake up on their birthday, their room and the whole main floor is decorated (this started when I was a little girl, my mom always put something up in our room when we woke up on our birthday morning). Everyone told me not to do it this year because of Zach's situation .

If you haven't gone to Carmi's site yet, here it is. We received a phone call at 1:49 pm on Monday from his school that he was hurt in gym class. Speed up today, he is lying on the couch with a neon green cast up to his thigh. I will tell you all about it tomorrow because today is Dahlia's turn.

Everyone said, she'll understand ( I was and am completely exhausted as I stayed overnight at the hospital with him on mon./tues. and just general stress!) But she would not have understood. This was her birthday...a big milestone as she turned 10. I look at every birthday as a milestone. At least once a year you have one day that's your special day.

So my monkey girl turned ten. I am watching her grow into a beautiful, smart and funny young woman. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of myself or Carmi and I just marvel at it.

I hope this coming year brings her good health, happiness and all that she is wishing for (except her own dog! :-) One is enough, Dahlia)

May the next 10 years be just as exciting. I look forward to seeing and sharing in all your accomplishments, big and small.

I love you!

18 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Moon said...

BONNE FÊTE DAHLIA!!I hope you have a great day!! My 10th was special and I made my daughter's 10th special also, although all our birthdays are special anyway. I will enjoy mine till I am 100 I hope lol!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger John said...

Rumor has it that there's another reason your daughter is getting all the attention today and not yesterday. Happy Birthday to YOU!

(your husband spilled the beans, but don't worry there were no numbers mentioned) :)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Many more to you and monkey girl, monkey boys and monkey man

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Stella Dean said...

Carmi spilled the beans about your birthday today. Happy, happy day!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger keda said...

oooh happy birthday to you both!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you both!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Star said...

Happy Birthday to Monkey Girl, and to you as well. Did they hang streamers in the living room for you too?

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger CG said...

Happy birthday to you too!! Have a wonderful day...you deserve it!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger awareness said...

Happy Birthday to Dahlia AND to YOU! It seems September is as busy a birthday month in your household as it is in mine. I too celebrated one this week, and my son is tomorrow......my father's big day is the same as yours....and it carries on until the end of October!!

What a week you've had! Hope Zach is healing well and that you all have a laid back weekend.

Me? I have a bunch of crazed 10 year old boys arriving for a sleepover tonight. I've lost my mind. :)

Happy Birthday

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy birthday, Levy Women!!! And a big huge L'shanah Tovah to you guys, too. May you be inscribed for a healthy year that's less chaotic at the end.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Happy Birthday to you both, Happy Birthday to you both, Happy Birthday to you both, Happy Birthday to you!! From the other London (UK that is) xx

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

Happy birthday to you both. Our children grow up so fast, don't they. And we grow old too soon.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to both you and Dahlia! May you both be richly blessed for many happy years to come!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Dahlia, and also to you, Morahmommy.

I love how you and Carmi talk about each other and your family. My family were never that tight, and I always wanted the kind of family you seem to have.

Here's wishing for many, many more birthdays for you, and your Carmi - and a lifetime with your beautiful children.

May I add you to my blogroll?

cq

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Dahlia. Wow, ten. Ten is an amazing age...and you're right, it is a milestone.

We do the small present in the bedroom thing, too.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling stupid today. Not only did I mistype my own link, but i forgot to say that Michele sent me here.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger utenzi said...

Happy birthday to you and a belated one to your daughter. Carmi sent me over to congratulate you on making it another year.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday & Many happy returns
Sent over by Carmi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home