Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, September 24, 2007

It's Still Green!

Yes, we were back at the hospital today and the cast is still green, but thankfully it is now about half the size! Yeah! Can you hear the cheering? Can you see me doing the cartwheels?

They didn't want to remove the cast....because they feel the break is still to soft, but they cut the cast down, just below his knee. He feels so much lighter.

We waited about an hour and then they sent us to x-ray. The lovely technician told me as we were leaving x-ray that the doctors would look over the x-rays see if the leg needs to be reset or have a pin put in. It was the longest 25 minutes till we saw the doctor. How kind of her to put such fear in me.

The doctor showed us the x-ray...it's definitely still broken, and a tiny bit misaligned. He told us not to worry because as it heals the new bone will fill it in.

We get to go back again next Monday for another x-ray and a new cast. They will give him a new cast that will position his foot more suitable for walking.

Thank you for all your warm wishes and great advice. I don't know how we would have made so far without our "blogging family"! and real family, too (I know you are reading this!!!) :-)

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Yay for Zach!!

And his new mini-cast!

I am so glad I have never broken a limb. Some toes, a couple of ribs, but never anything requiring plaster!

Perhaps the new cast will be a whole new colour? How would Little Man feel about fluorescent pink?

:-)

cq

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Well good news ...and shorter cast!! I am also thankful that I have never broken a bone...nor has my daughter (knocks on wood) so far.
Atleast the worst is over ... I hope for Zack and u all that he heals fast!!!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Back - hoping for pictures of the sleepover that wore you and Carmi out! [chuckle]
I trust Dahlia had a wonderful party!

I hope Zach is still improving and life is good at the Levy home.

cq

 

Post a Comment

<< Home