Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Little Man Turns 7!

It's hard to believe, but my little love-bug is turning 7 today. My little monkey who makes my heart sing is growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Sigh!

He's a little bundle of energy who is smart, inquisitive with an amazing sense of humour.....absolutely no prejudice here! :-)

The house is all decorated (balloons, signs, streamers). He only asked me about 10 times if I was going to do it. It has become a tradition, for each birthday child (even daddy, too) I make signs on the computer and decorate the house so they wake up on their special day surrounded with birthday surprises. They never know where they will find them. I even put posters and balloons in the bathroom.

Noah has his day planned. I am to make, Mommy's famous pancakes. (Thanks Aunt Jemima! :-)) I didn't know my pancakes were famous, but if he thinks so, okay!

He has already requested that he get to open his presents before breakfast. He was very specific, before I make breakfast, not before we eat it.

My in-laws are visiting and are leaving in the morning, so we are going to have birthday cake before lunch, before they leave.

He wants to play with his presents ( he already asked for some Wii games) and just assumes (correctly) that he got them. In the late afternoon we are going to see the Simpsons movie ( I know he's only 7, but he watches the show with his dad and siblings) and then we'll be off to Burger King for supper. He's so funny, "Do you know why I want to go to Burger King? Because they have the Simpson toys with the meals" You've got to love a kid who has priorities on straight.

He just amazes me. I can't believe how much he's grown. I love how he interacts with his siblings, family, friends, the dog and us. I can't wait to watch him grow into the wonderful man he is going to be. He's going to be something really special, because he already is.

Happy birthday Love-bug! I hope all that you are dreaming for comes true for you, today, tomorrow and always. I love you!

I am going to go up and hug him one more time, while he is still a six year old. I can't wait to give him his hugs when he is seven!

6 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Your children are so lucky to have you and Carmi! Please tell the birthday boy that kenju said have a great one!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Morah - I will gladly send you ALL the BK Simpson toys when they've all come out. I have been blessed with a mom who works at BK and has been collecting at LEAST 2 of each toy for me for awhile now. My house is filled with two each of all the penguins, bobble-head kings, spiderman big heads, and whatever else you can only imagine. I'll even keep them in their original packaging! Just let me know, I'll send them along, lol!

Happy birthday to Noah!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

He seemed a little bit bigger when he woke up this morning, didn't he?

I wish I could slow down time, just for a bit. He gets less small each and every day. But he somehow gets more sweet. No complaints here: lightning definitely struck when we made our kids.

Love you, sweets. Onto more simchot...

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Star said...

Hug him as much as you can.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Awww! happy birthday, Noah!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet post. You and Carmi have a beautiful son, and the two of you, with these birthday posts, made my day. Happy birthday to one handsome young man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home