Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's hard to live so far away....

I have always looked at moving away from Montreal as an adventure, but it's hard to live so far away. As I get older, so do my parents. My mom is in the hospital, complications from a minor procedure has led to a big infection. I'm off to Montreal for 10 days. I want to be there to help, especially when she gets home. I know she will be fine, (I have to think positively!) but this is my mommy, so I can't help but worry.

My family will be fine...Carmi is a great dad and the kids are great kids and they will manage just fine without me, but I will miss them. I'll be able to talked to them on the phone and email them. I'll miss my little puppy. I know I will go crazy when I see other dogs...I will miss my cutiepie. I know it will go quickly. I'm grateful that this happened over the summer when I'm off from school, so I can afford the time away.

Check in on Carmi, provide him with your Internet support! I will try to connect with all of you from Montreal.

Have a safe and wonderful couple of weeks!

8 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit with your mom.

My mom is only a half hour away and most days, that seems too far. I couldn't imagine being hours away from her. :(

I'm sure Carmi and the kiddos will do just fine!

Michele sent me today...

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Thumper said...

Fingers crossed for your mom...I know the helpless feelings. My mom had a heart attack in April, and while I was able to go out there for a week to see her, now I'm 1500 miles away and there's nothing I can do to help with all the after care she needs. I was shocked at how *old* my parents actually are (that happens when you don't go back for 14 years...) and how much stuff has to be done for them now. Luckily I have 3 sisters in their area, and one lives with them. Ya still gotta worry, though, cause like you said, it's your mommy.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I hope your mom will heal soon and well. She will definitely prosper for your being there!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm sorry your mom is sick :( Enjoy your time with her, and try not to worry about Carmi and the kids...I know they'll be fine (although I know they'll miss you!)!! (((HUGS)))

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Moon said...

I am sorry your mom isn't well. I can totally relate to being far. I am in Montreal but my mom is in Alberta, my dad in Sask, a sister with her family in Alberta and my other sister in Ottawa, atleast she is only 3 hrs away. I think it's especially hard when we have children...our families miss seeing most of their growing up, we want to share every moment...but can't. It's so expensive to fly across the country, we see very little of eachother ..atleast internet, phone..helps but it's just not the same.
Keep up posted...my prayers are with your family.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger barbie2be said...

my prayers are with you, carmi the kids, and your mother and father. hopefully just knowing you are there with her will help your mother's recovery.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi love. I couldn't sleep, so I thought reading your words would help me feel a little less lonely in this very quiet house.

It helped a little, so I'll hibernate my laptop and head back to bed with the furry one. We all miss you, and can't wait until you come home.

xoxo

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

Hope your mother is doing better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home