Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Home!!

I got up at 3:30 am to catch a 5:30 flight to bring me home today. Boy, am I tired!! It was bittersweet coming home. I was homesick for most of the 10 days days I was away (I must admit it flew bye!) and couldn't wait to see Carmi, the kids and the dog but at the same time it was hard to leave my parents.

Thank you for every one's kind thoughts. My mom is home from the hospital. She has a severe infection and will be treated with intravenous antibiotics for the next 6 weeks or so. She is doing much better, but has difficulty walking and is basically home bound until she heals. It puts a lot of pressure on my dad. He and I ran around after all day hospital visits and once she came home it seemed were constantly running around doing errands or working in the house. This is when I wish we never moved away.

Carmi, my sweet husband managed just fine without me. The house never looked better! The kitchen is spotless and he did a ton of laundry. Thank you, Carmi. I could never have been able to go and help out my parents without your help.

The kids were great. The greeting I got at the airport from all 5 of them (yes, Frasier was there, too!) was unbelievable. It's kind of worth it to go away to get a greeting like that. Makes you feel appreciated.

I hope that you've all had a great couple of weeks and that you're enjoying your summer.

Thanks again for all your kinds wishes!

6 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Moon said...

WELCOME HOME!!! Hope your mom gets better fast.
Nothing like leaving home to appreciate it 10 fold when u get back eh. I can just imagine the roaring welcome u got from everyone at the airport lol. I can just see a new security guard nearby whispering in his walky talky (security, security, we have a incedense over here...ppl causing a ruckus..security) lmao

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad your mom will be okay. Sorry she has to go through all that though.

I'm sure she and your dad appreciate all the help you've given.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I know how hard it is to leave a sick or ailing parent to go back home. Carmi and the children missed you, I am sure. HOw nice to know that your house won't fall down all around them when you are away. Yay for Carmi!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

and Carmi even managed to keep up with his blogging, he si so talented.
Nice pic of you over there, you are both blessed!

Have you read Minerva's blog?

its on my blogroll...
welcome home

here from michele

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

Welcome home! I know that Carmi kept good care of the sprogs --- we were checking up on him. Oh, and that photo of you that he posted? Gorgeous woman!

And hope your mum gets better soon....
Michele would have sent me if she knew how much we all missed you... which she did... which is why she gave me directions!

N.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting, although my photos aren't as interesting as Carmi's. He and I chatted last week about the absence of our spouses. (Mine's in Germany with family at the moment.)

Glad you're safe and prayers for your mother.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home