Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Carmi and I celebrated our 15th anniversary yesterday. We have followed the tradition of spending the day together (without the kids) and went to the beach. (A special thank you to our friend Shannon, who picked up the kids, entertained them, fed them and took care of them, so we would could have our special day without worrying about the time!) What a lovely day. We spent most of the day reminiscing about our life together. We are married for 15 and together for 23. It was so nice. Words can't describe the feelings that I am feeling.

Carmi is my best friend. Like anyone else we have our ups and downs, but our love for each other always gets us through. It's amazing to see all the changes that have occurred in the last 15 years... 3 wonderful, smart, beautiful and funny kids, a delightful dog, a home, and a life that I really love.

Fifteen years has gone by in a snap, but at the same time I can't really remember at time when we weren't together.

Our life has been one adventure after another and I look forward to all the many adventures ahead.

12 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! You both seem perfect for each other!

Here's wishing you many, many more!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just telling Carmi about how great these past two and a half years have been for me and my wife and that I'm looking forward to 15+ more years together. We're expecting our first child so we have so much more to look forward to yet.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Happy Anniversary,Morah Mommy. You and Carmi are lucky to have each other (you're both keepers...LOL)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi Morahmommy. I jumped the numbers at Michele's so I could come over and say hi to my blogfriend's wife - and what excellent news greeted me!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 15th anniversary!!
Did Carmi buy you something lovely, with diamonds, perhaps??

[raises champagne glass] here's a toast to your big day, another year and a lifetime in tune with each other.

(And every family should have a Shannon on hand!!)

cq

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 15 years, & I wish you many more happy years together!
Here from Micheles today.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Our gift doesn't sparkle - lawn furniture...how romantic - but I love it all the same because I get to hang out on it with you.

Which reminds me, I need to get cracking on the umbrella thing. Off I go...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Moon said...

A big Congratulations to u both, I love what u have both written about the other. It's only been a year for my hubby and I but we look forward to 15 yrs and more..being as happy as u and Carmi are....bless u both. Good to see u blog again btw lol

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Happy anniversary! I commented on Carmi's blog but I neglected to mention what an accomplishment staying married is in this day and age. It speaks to your individual levels of commitment and sacrifice.

Michele sent me,

Mike

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Carmi - I often read his blog, but didn't know you had one as well. How wonderful that you share this "world of words" as you so aptly describe it!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Just read down your comments and got the most wonderful mental image of Carmi doing battle with the garden umbrella, with Frasier sitting on one side chuckling into his furry paws at the crazy human....

I'm here legit this time, Morahmommy, Michele sent me to say hi and again, many, many congratulations to two very sweet people...

cq

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Congratulations on fifteen years! Michele sent me, too; it's one of those days where she's sending us everywhere.

I've been married to the Tour Manager for just over ten years now. I understand what you're feeling today.

Mazel Tov again. I hope you have many, many more years than just fifteen more together.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's so awesome! Congrats to you both. 15 (err, 23?!) years is a long time to be with someone, and still be incredibly happy. You guys are my inspiration!

Happy day-after-your-anniversary to you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home