Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Big Man is China Bound!

As many of you know my hubby Carmi is China Bound. We are all very excited for him. We've become used to his travelling and at times were almost blase about it. "We'll miss you but we'll see you soon." But this time it's very different. He's not going to be gone any longer than usual, but he's going to the other side of the world!

It totally freaks me out that he will be flying for so long. I really feel like I don't breathe until I know he has landed. Does that make sense?

We have all the computers set up so we can talk to each other. Although one of us will be talking in the middle of the night...want to guess which one it will be? Can't be Carmi, because I will be at work when it's his middle of the night! :-)

I know it's an experience of a life time for him. He will be there on his birthday and what a memory for him. He couldn't decide which camera to take and finally decided on the Nikon. I can't wait to see China through Carmi's eyes. I know they'll be spectacular.

I wish him a safe and exhilarating trip and never mind tiring as well! I can't wait for him to be home with me and kids again, soon.

8 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger sage said...

I'm glad to know that he decided to take the Nikon--I think he'll be okay with it and he will have occasion to get some great shots--I just hope he has plenty of memory! (if not, it's probably cheaper over there). May all go well with you and your children while he's gone. Oh yeah, Michele says hi.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

I'm sure he'll have a great trip and bring back loads of fantastic pictures and stories to share with you.

Michele sent me to say hi.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's great that he decided to take the Nikon. His photos will be very interesting and as usual, provocative. In the meantime, take care of yourself and the yeladim.


Michele sent me.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger kenju said...

When I saw your comment on my post today, I wondered how you would get along without Carmi this week, seeing as how he is going so far away! I know how you feel; my daughter went to Australia on business recently and I was a wreck until I knew she had landed safely. We ALL hope Carmi will be safe on his trip, and I cannot wait to see his photos!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a funny feeling... being really excited for someone and being worried for them as well. It will be fine though and think of the tales he will tell. Best wishes.

Here via Michele today.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

When Carmi left a comment for me a few days ago he mentioned this trip---When I visited him, I said I hoped you were going, too! Indeed, the opportunity of a lifetime and I so wish you ALL could be there together. I understand you not breathing till he is on The Ground!
The pictures he takes I KNOW will be superb! Can't wait to see them!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

What a fascinating trip he'll have and I know he'll have great memories and wonderful pictures to share!!

Oh, I love the beautiful dog you have added to your family!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Moon said...

What a great place to visit..my sister was there in Feb...and we all do the same thing in our family..when someone is in the air ..we hold our breaths till we know they have landed lol.
I look forward to seeing all the pics he is bound to show us on his blog....Although u are used to him going on trips...its still different with him being so far way I would think...I think even we will be glad when he is back home with u all ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home