Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Tuesday!

Well it's Tuesday and I am watching little man snooze on the couch. Noah's favourite way to go to sleep is to lie in the crook (the bend of my knees). He is so cute..but he doesn't stop talking. He literally talks his way to sleep. He is sleeping on one couch and Daddy is asleep on the other. Neither one made it through the first hour of American Idol. On Noah's part it was good, because I couldn't hear the singing because he was chatting so much!!!

I know that I should insist that Noah go to sleep in his own bed, but I figure I might as well take advantage of it while he still wants to be with me!

I've been cranky in my last few posts, so I am going to try and focus on the happy sides for a change.

Spring is just around the corner; it was plus 4 today and I saw some grass poking it's way through the snow.

Yeah!

Question: do you call it a couch, sofa, chesterfield or something else? The kids always think it's funny when Zaida (my dad) calls it a chesterfield.

6 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Judy said...

I call mine a couch but I remember my Grandmother used to call it a davenport!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Judy beat me to it. I call mine a couch but my Grandma calls it a davenport too :)

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I use to snuggle up to my mom in the crook of her knees too. I use to ask her to make me a hole.

I call it a couch. My kids call it "mommy's couch and daddy's couch" hehe

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Thumper said...

Couch and sofa are interchangeable here. I always thought a Chesterfield was a HUGE couch...

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Mike said...

We call it a couch or a sofa but my grandma in North Carolina called it a Divan.

Here from Michele's.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

Many people around here call it a divan, but I call it either a couch or a sofa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home