Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Friday, December 08, 2006

SNOWDAY!!

It's a snowday here. We woke up to a huge blast from Mother Nature. 50 cm yes I said 50 cm has fallen over London, Ontario and we're still counting. We are experiencing snow squalls from the lake.

I can't believe how much snow has fallen. I don't think I have seen this much snow since I was a little girl living in Montreal. It's amazing because only London was affected by the storm…. the cities within 20 km all around us did not get any snow.

It is the first time since we have moved to London (10 years ago) that there has ever been a snowday. Everything is closed and the city is paralyzed with all this snow. I don't know who was more excited; the kids or me when we heard that school was closed.

We're at that time of year where everyone really needs a break and it's hard to believe that Winter Break is almost here. I am not a winter person so having an unexpected day off makes it seem not so bad.

The kids, Carmi, Davy (a friend from Toronto) and I spent a lovely portion of the morning digging the van out, and playing in the snow. We warmed up with yummy hot chocolate. The kids and I are going to watch a DVD while Carmi catches up on his work. It was a great way to spend a snowday.

Many of you are regular readers of my hubby's blog. He has been very busy snapping photos of the snow…. watch for the pictures!

I hope whatever you are doing this fine Friday that you are safe, dry and warm.

Your turn: What is the weather like by you?

12 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger chrysalis said...

Toronto's cold, but no snow.
Good luck with the digging out!

Hi from Michele's.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I suspect the weather where I am is suspiciously like the weather in your neck of the woods.

It was lovely spending the morning together. I have a feeling our little folks will remember the experience much as we remember days like this from our own childhood.

You make great hot chocolate, too!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It did snow all day today, just not enough accumulation. So we only have about 5cm if that. I can still see the tips of the grass. :( I want 50cm... send some of that this way would ya!

But yes. It's cold... -11 right now at 6:45pm. I don't mind though. This is what WINTER is suppose to be like :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am a regular reader of your dear husband Carmi, and I look forward to see his pictures of that incredible snowstorm...!
Lovely to have an unexpecxted day off so ALL of you can play together in the snow....And drink Hot Chocolate, too! Yummm!
I'm here from Michele today and happy to be visiting you, my dear!
It's Naomi Here.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh...I forgot to say, it has been...till today...very very warm here...75-80 degrees. But it is quite cool--for Los Angeles, right now...And windy which of course makes it feel even colder. But I'm not complaining, believe me. We are supposed to "possibly" get rain...we need it badly!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm stalking you on Michele's, my sweet. I don't think you're overly concerned, though, because you know where I live.

I think you're really cute, y'know.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I wish it would snow here! I miss it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wales is wet & windy. Mind you, we did have some ice sometime gone 1am this morning.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I just wanted to wish you and your beautiful family a wonderful holiday season and a wonderful New Year!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

in Big Bear Lake, Calif we are doing the single digit mambo, where we move real quick from house to car to store so thatwe don't freeze into an ice sculpture. Came by way of the guy in the backwards hat

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There is nothing nicer than making a day out of something when the world grinds to a halt I love the snow and the memories I have from being a kid :)

Here via Carmi via Michele ;)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey lady.. you coming back or what?

Hope you're staying warm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home