Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, August 14, 2006

We're Back!!

My blog pages have been silent this last week because we were on vacation. We took the road trip to Montreal to pick up Zach and spend some time with our families. We also got to see some friends and spend time at the pool. It really felt like a vacation. The tough part was sharing 1 bathroom for 7 people. We are used to 3 bathrooms for the 5 of us and it was hard to wait our turn!

We spent the last weekend in Ottawa. It was the first time that we shortened our trip to Montreal and did a mini family vacation, just the 5 of us. The kids have unlimited energy and they exhausted us. We spent Saturday morning watching the Changing of the Guards Ceremony. It was freezing and the good tourists that we were, we went and bought Ottawa sweatshirts to warm up. After the ceremony we were off to the Science Museum. We explored the museum for 4 hours and then had a quick bite before heading back to the hotel. Carmi and I are completely exhausted at this point! As we got back to the hotel we told the kids to play with their items from the museum gift shop and we completely crashed. My head hit the pillow at 4:05 pm. By 4:06 pm I'm out cold! For supper we went to Zack's diner in honour of our own Zach! How could we resist!

The downside to our holiday is that everyone but yours truly caught a cold in Montreal or Ottawa. I hope everyone will feel better soon and that the good memories of our trip will be with them always.

How did you spend your summer vacation?

6 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I've missed ya! I'm glad you had a great time (and skipped the sickies!)
We haven't really taken a vacation this summer...we're going in a few weeks to the mountains for a few days :) I can hardly wait!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

It's good to have you back!!
We are actually about to do our vacation this week and my daughter and I are going to visit my mom in Arizona (my husband isn't going becuase he has flying issues!) I'm excited to see all my family.

Hope that everyone feels better quickly!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Moon said...

We just got back last Friday from Niagara Falls. We had a 5 day Honeymoon...it was lovely..niether of us had been to see the falls before so it was nice to share that experience together.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great time! Minus the colds that is.

I've never actually "SEEN" Ottawa. I've been there, just never did the tourist thing. Maybe once the kids are older.

Oh and I had to giggle when I read share one bathroom for seven people when you're use to 3 bathrooms. I live in a house with 7 people, sometimes more and I just had to giggle hehe.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

glad you had fun :)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

Jennifer, I know it sounds funny to share a bathroom when you're 7 people...but when you're used to 3 for 5 people it's not that easy.

Noah doesn't understand that he has to wait to go pee because Grandpa wants to brush his teeth!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home