Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

And So It Begins..

It's that time of year when I go into panic mode. Am I going to be ready when school starts? Will I get the house ready for going back to school. Will I still feel like I've had a vacation and get everything done?

I have a confession to make. Are you ready? My children's rooms look like a tornado has gone through them.

I'm working with Dahlia in her room, right now. Okay, I'm taking a break from working with Dahlia to write this blog and then I will go back to helping Dahlia. She was looking for something and tore her room apart to find it. I don't think you can see an inch of floor space.

Next is Noah. He refuses to get rid anything. He won't let me remove a thing from his room. He has a ton of junk. Oh sorry, good stuff!

Zach doesn't care as long I am doing it for him. His is the best of the 3 and he does take direction very well.

The rule is they all have to help and they have to pick 10 things (at least 2 large) to donate to the children's hospital. Dahlia started by picking pictures she made that we're on her wall. I told her they don't count. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I remember going through this like it was yesterday.
Great idea on the donating. And best of luck with the straightening of rooms.
But ya know what? Twenty years from now....it won't matter in the least, so enjoy these moments.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ugh... we have the three youngest girls sharing a room, and occasionally they go on a bender and totally demolish the room. I have definitely had rooms so messy you couldn't see floor. I've also had rooms where you couldn't see floor until you dug down about a foot...lol! :)

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Been there done that...now it's no longer toys...Now its just dirty clothes or clean for that matter on the floor for no apparent reason..yes folks I have entered the TEEN-ZONE...ENTER AT YOUR OWN PARELLE...(insert music from Psycho here)..my DAUGHTER turns 16 in one month. It boggles my mind how she can live in such a mess yet still be clean and look well put together...Miracles Never Siese?

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

School's kicking our tails around here! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home