Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Friday, August 18, 2006

22 years!!

22 years ago Carmi and I started dating. We don't celebrate like we did before we go married but we always like to remember it. It's hard to believe that we've been together that long. It amazes me how much our lives have changed and grown. We've gone from being someone's child, a girlfriend/boyfriend, and students to being a husband/wife, parents, professionals. We've moved away from the only place we've ever known and have made a life for ourselves.

Over the last 22 years, some things have not changed. We are still best friends, we can still make each other laugh and still can drive each other crazy.

Some things have changed. We can now finish each other's sentences andif you know Carmi, than you know that can be scary :>, we've grown from a young couple, to a young family, to a family with children not so young ) : and most of all as each passing year goes by, we love each other even more than the year before.

10 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Carmi!! You two seem way to young to be married for that long! And it is truly wonderful to see a couple still uplifting and treasuring one another after that long!
Here from Michele's!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

We've been married for 14 years and together for 22 year. But I agree, we are way, way too young! :)

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to both of you...what great words. The love shines through.
As I said on my last comment...here from Michele's today. But glad I found your blog. Really enjoying the entries.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Just a trumpet player said...

Congratulation ! Now, that's the kind of relationship I want !!

Michele sent me ; have a great weekend !

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger LBA said...

Oh, that is a gorgeous post, really gorgeous.

Here's to another 22 ! :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Congatulations and thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. I look forward to the next 20 years with my wife.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BIG congrats to you both! I hope you manage to find some time for yourselves to celebrate!

I've been a big fan of Carmi's for a long time, and I am so very happy to meet YOU. Thanks to Michele for hooking us up! Have a wonderful weekend.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats! I am happy for the oth of you!

Michele sent me!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

A beautiful tribute. Congratulations to you both for nurturing not just a great marriage, but a beautiful friendship.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Moon said...

What a wonderful post Morrah..very touching. I hope you and Carmi enjoy another 22 yrs and more still. Somehow I have no doubt thats exactly what both of you will do.
Not here via Michele's lol, but on my way there shortly, so I may be back lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home