Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Why Can't I Just Relax?!

I don't know why I can't relax. I have been on vacation for a week now. I've been to school twice since school let out last week and have spent countless hours on the computer looking for ideas for the fall.

In my defence I had to go to school. I won't be teaching kindergarten next year and I had to clean out my classroom. I then had to clean up my grade 2 classroom because of all the junk I brought over from the kindergarten class. I have no excuse for spending hours looking for stuff on the web!

My friends think I am crazy...I think I am crazy. I made a promise to myself I wouldn't use my computer for any schoolwork for at least 2 weeks. I know some people think teachers are so lucky that they have the summer off (and we are), but we really do a lot of prep work over the summer. Some are crazy like me and have to force themselves to relax.

I am really trying to do some things for myself. The kids are in camp for the next 3 weeks and then I will have them all at home...I might be wishing to go back to school in about 4 weeks!!
But I digress...I am relaxing...I had a nap on the couch this afternoon. I was thinking of all the things I had to in the house as I was falling asleep...but I did sleep!

How do you relax? Please give me some pointers!

5 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hardest thing in the world is to relax! I wish I could give you and answer, but I don't know how either. Enjoy your break! Keep being good to yourself! Michele sent me tonight. Have a great weekend!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get time to do much relaxing myself either! When I do though, I do like to sit outside and watch the world go by, with music on in the background and a glass of wine or beer in my hand...

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger glo said...

Hi there neighboUr to the west. Toronto here. Deni sent me ... sort of.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I think that if your name is MOM, then it's almost a moot point to try and relax. I don't think our brains ever shut off.

I do try to get out of the house to relax though, go to bingo if I can afford it. Do something that's just for ME. Which is usually just sitting here at the computer.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger keda said...

i'm a little like that! my girls father took them down south for a week and here i am cooking quich for freinds, at the comp and waxing my legs at the same time.

it looks quite funny i can tell ya :)

congratulations on the job.

and get out of here and go read a book in the garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home