Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Tooth Fairy

I am a very bad mother/Tooth Fairy. I forgot to visit the little princess who lost not one but two teeth yesterday. I may be a bad mother/tooth fairy BUT I think quickly on my feet. Dahlia refused to go to bed last night and finally closed her light at 11:30 pm. I just told her that she went to bed too late for the tooth fairy. She has to get to sleep by 12 to be rested enough to fly around and pick up all the teeth. Then I strongly suggested that the young lady go to sleep on time tonight so the tooth fairy will be sure to visit.

All evening I reminded myself to play my part. We have a fancy tooth fairy in our house. I (I mean she) always write a note in a tooth shape thanking the children for their tooth and remind them to brush their teeth and listen to mom and dad.

I'm off to write the note. I know she's really not sure if it's real or if it's me but I'm glad to play a long. It means she still a little girl who is not so grown up. I know she'll always be my little girl but she's in such a rush to be a grown up and this just gives us a little more time.

I look forward to this role all over again with Noah.

6 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what do you think she does with all of those teeth?

michele sent me.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

She builds a beautiful castle with all the teeth!!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm THE worst tooth fairy! My kids know by now just to bring me my purse when they lose their teeth and I'll give 'em money :D I'm so awfully forgetful :(

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Morah.

You're right. Enjoy their youth while it lasts. Too soon they become cynical teens! LOL

As for the tooth castle--that might not be something I'd want to see. Ewww!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that! Your whole tooth fairy role, for one, and how you got her to go to bed early. Quick thinking!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

How many teeth does she have left?

Can we set up an e-mail delivery system for her next one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home