Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, July 31, 2006

My Baby is 6 Today!!

My baby is 6 today and I can hardly believe it. When did we go from a young family with 3 little children, to these giant children? I'm not old enough to have children this old. Well okay, maybe I am, but I don't look it, right!?

Noah, my Lovebug celebrated in style this weekend. My parents were here from Montreal. We had Carmi's sister and her family here as of Sat. and then last night our best friends and their children came back to our house after the party. We were 16 for supper. He had the big birthday bash at The Little Gym. What a blast for both young and old, alike.

Today, his actual birthday is a little more low key (thank goodness!!) We went out for breakfast and now we're just playing in the house. When Daddy gets home we will go to a restaurant of the birthday boy's choice.

I can't help but feel nostalgic and teary when I think that he is 6. I remember watching him as he was born. He gave this little mewling cry as they placed him on me and I held him for the first time. Due to complications I never got to hold the first 2 right after they were born. I was the very first person to hold him (not counting the doctor who caught him) He was so beautiful and still is. Carmi calls him Sunshine and he really is.

He is a beautiful child both inside and out. He is gorgeous, sweet, caring, kind, so smart and funny. This kid makes me laugh. We have this conversation over and over:

Noah: You love me the best.


Mommy: I love Zach the best because he is my oldest, I love Dahlia the best because she is my girl, I love you the best because you are my baby.


Noah: (he thinks about what I said then looks at me with a smile and a twinkle in his eye), yeah but you love me the best!

I made him promise that he'll always be my baby or he couldn't turn 6. "I'll always be your baby, even when you're dead Mommy...but will you still love me then?" he says.

Yes, Noah I will always love you. You fill my heart with pride and joy.

I hope this is the best birthday, yet. May the coming year be filled with only health and happiness and may all of your dreams come true.

I love you, Lovebug! It has indeed been your mother for the last 6 years and I look forward to all the wonderful years to come.

6 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Dear Noah, I want to wish you a very happy birthday (sounds like you had a good party yesterday) and to tell you that you are a very lucky boy to have Carmi and Morah Mommy for your parents. They love you very much (as they do Dahlia and Zach) and they always will!

Michele sent me to see your Mommy today - and I am glad!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

How sweet! And how tactful Mom. ;) I've been able to juggle the 'best' job with simple gender lines...but I fear some day they'll catch on.

Happy Birthday to Noah!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger PetiteMommy said...

thanks for commenting on my blog.

Awww, very sweet. Happy bday to your little guy. Mine will be 6 next year. It makes me sad...

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...that was beautiful! What struck me was the innocence. I did a post on my kids today, but mine are early 20's, but I posted pics of them as babies. I miss those tiny hands and cute baby faces!
I didn't realize you were Carmi's wife! You two have such a lovely family!
Glad Michele sent me here today and Happy Birthday to Noah!!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Noah!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that totally made me cry. Happy Birthday to your baby boy.

My baby boy's birthday is this coming Sunday. I tear-up everytime I think about it!

Here from Michele's. Drop by for a slice soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home