Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I feel so lazy!!

I feel so lazy...now that I have decided not to do any work, I don't have the energy to do anything. I have had a nap 2 days in a row and today I spent an hour reading on the deck.

I forced myself to tidy the kitchen, make supper and throw in a load of laundry. It's kind of nice. I'm afraid I'll never want to go back to work!!

Now a complaint...I am beginning to feel like a taxi service...I know all of you parents who have gone through this are smiling. I wish my social life was half as exciting as my kids. The 2 younger ones each had a party 2 weekends ago. This weekend all 3 had a party in the morning and then Dahlia had one in the afternoon. This coming weekend Dahlia and Noah each have a party at the same time in 2 totally different places. THis is a tough task when we have only one car. Once you add in the play dates that they have, all the relaxation I experience during the day is lost. I'm exhausted from driving all around the city.

Friends of ours have a babysitter every Sat. night. Every weekend they go out on their own or with friends. We rarely go out on our own. I'm embarressed to say we usually only go out on our own when one of our parents are visiting.

How do you and your significant other find time for each other? How frequently do you go out on your own?

4 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger nikinpos said...

It really is worth paying a babysitter just once a week or even once every 2 weeks. You feel so free, going out for a meal or a walk around town.It's the memories that count too!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Moon said...

As I work at home caring for 2 mentally and physically handicapped adults..I can NOT leave the house at all unless my husband is here, or if we have a sitter. So we make it a point to get the sitter once a week...when I say sitter it is a 10$ per hour one who is qualifyed...but for my own sanity, I NEED to get out of the house atleast once a week. Even if its to go to cosco for stocking up, or doing some shopping...we usually always make a point to eat somewhere decent and enjoy a leisurely meal.
More often then not, that one day, is exhausting because we try to cram in a bunch of stuff all at once but we always have that nice meal...and we are happy to get home when our day is done...till the next week lol.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say we didn't do that a lot until our daughter was close to a teenager. And I felt like a taxi service until she started driving, but still beyond that as we always went to her events...and we only had 1!.

But try to enjoy it because (and I say this with a 22 y/o daughter) it really does go all to fast.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Our kids are still young, so the "taxi" hasn't begun yet.

As for finding time for ourselves. We don't get to go out by ourselves much either. Every now and then we make it to a movie or something but that's about it.

I guess like daisy, that won't happen much until the kids are teenagers. Hmmm that's a long time to wait. My oldest is only 5 ahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home