Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I think I have a chocolate hangover!

No, you did not read it wrong! I think I have a chocolate hangover. As many of you know it was my sweetypie's birthday on Monday. The kids picked out a chocolate fudge cake and I decided to have a piece. It was soo, sooo delicious!! It was the first time in almost 9 weeks that I indulged in sweets. I didn't feel the least bit guilty.

I'm not going to do this again, for a very, very long time. I think I have a chocolate/sugar hangover. I woke up with a dull headache that increased until I had a full blown migraine with nausea. I still feel a residue today.

When I went for my weigh-in today and told my couselour, she laughed till she was crying. She told me not to feel guilty because I am allowed cake every once in a while but she had never heard about the chocolate hangover. I swear my body was in shock after not have sweets like that for so long.

Well I am not in a big rush to have anything like that again, for a while.

I lost another 6 oz, in spite of the cake!

I'm glad Carmi enjoyed his cake, even though he wasn't feeling well!

Have a happy Wednesday!

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

It's one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had. I'm happy to have this kind of hangover with you. A whole lot of cold milk makes it easier to handle: I learned this earlier today when I ate a whack of it right from the cake plate.

The way you feed me, it's a wonder I don't have to be rolled out of the house every morning. I'm blessed in more ways than I can count.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Doris said...

About the chocolate hangover - wasn't that "just" a migraine brought on by strong chocolate? I find choccy cake does it to me too as does dark chocolate in any form. I don't touch chocolate cake anymore unless I have made it in which case I keep the cocoa levels down.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I'm glad I stumbled upon this blog! Woke up today feeling awful...headache similar to migraine,nauseated, then I realized I did have a dark choc bar and later a piece of coconut choc. And rather late in the day. Has to be the cause...ugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home