Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Zach's Adventure



Zachary my sweet is off on a new adventure. For the first time in his life he is away from home without the rest of us. My parents were visiting us from Montreal for Noah's birthday. They left yesterday and Zach went with them.

I miss my gorgeous guy. He has a great sense of humour and he really makes me laugh. He keeps telling us that he's older and we need to treat him like he's older. He loves to fight with his brother and sister, because he admits any attention (good or bad) is better than no attention. That breaks my heart....I know he needs a lot of attention but at almost 11 he is more self-sufficient than his siblings, especially Noah.

I was so excited for him to go. I think it will be great for 5 whole days to have all the attention for a change. Dahlia who is like oil and water with Zach, keeps asking me if I miss him. She keeps telling me that she doesn't miss fighting but she does miss him.

Bedtime was the worst. It didn't seem right that I couldn't tuck him in. I am very fortunate that he still wants me to do that everynight. I know he is having a great time with my parents, but I miss him.

I'm not one of those mother's who can't stand being away from their children. Sometimes I think that there is something wrong with me because I look forward to time away from them. But he sounds so little on the phone.

I know that this is going to be a great experience for him, but I can't wait to hug him again!

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Peanutt said...

I also can appreciate time away from my children. Lets me get my head on track! But I know what you mean about can't wait to hug them again!!!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger jlybn123 said...

This is his first of many adventures! Momma is gonna have to get used to it!!!! I'm sure he's having a great time and will have many stories to tell when he returns!!! Enjoy the time so that you can appreciate him that much more, when he gets home!~

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I feel the same way. I love my kids with everything that I am, and yet I look forward so much to getting a little time away from them. In the end I think it makes me a better mother. I can give more of myself to my family when I get time to take care of myself, too.

I know he is having a fabulous time with his grandparents! And when he gets home his brother and sister will be so happy to see him - maybe there won't be any fighting for the first hour! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home