Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Out of Mouth of Babes!

The children were thrilled. On the way home from work/school on Tuesday, we picked up the new SpongeBob movie.

How do I really feel about SpongeBob? I love SpongeBob! I admit it. I think he and his friends from Bikini Bottom are a hoot. They makes me laugh. Now for my big secret...for 30 minutes every afternoon there is quiet in my house. All three of my children sit quietly on the couch and watch the show. There is no fighting, nobody is bickering about the channel or the best spot on the couch. Only giggles and many bouts of laughter.

As we watched the movie, there was a scene where Mr. Krabs (owner of the Krusty Krab) is set on fire by King Neptune. He's running back and forth on the screen because his pants are on fire.

As were watching it, Noah pipes up, "He should stop, drop and roll." His siblings, unimpressed, reply "This is so funny!" His parents can only stare at him with wonder and amazement.

They really do take everything in.

"You're right Noah." we reply. He's only 4 and he never ceases to surprise us with his intuitive mind.

While we were marveling at Noah's comment, we chuckled again, "Mr. Krabs, said underwear, Mommy. " and begins to giggle with glee.

Oh, the mind of a 4 year old. It just makes you want to smile.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Sometimes I wish adults thought more like kids. Their minds are unpolluted by the ridiculousness of everyday life. They still know how to live both in and for the moment, and they have little time or patience for letting themselves feel beaten down by a world that wishes to do nothing but.

We can learn from them. We certainly learned from our little man this time out. It wasn't the first, and it won't be the last.

Sigh...I can still hear his little voice saying it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home