Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Ugh...The Embarrassment

I was leaving a message on someone's voicemail when my 2 older children started to have a fight. They were screeching loud enough that I am positive some of you heard them from where you are.

I know I am not the only one this has ever happened to...am I? But I was so embarrassed. When the message gets picked up, their voices will reverberate over the phone. UGH!

For such little people they sure can yell very, very loud. Where does that huge voice come from? And why is it that it can be perfectly quiet, nobody needs my attention, and the minute I'm on the phone; boom they are attached at my side.

Do they have this hidden radar? Is it on the "Mommy on the Phone" setting? It's not as if I am constantly on the phone. I actually hate being on the phone. Carmi will attest that I often bribe him to call people back.

Maybe I shouldn't admit that! If any of you are reading this and you have left a message here in the past and Carmi has called you back instead of me...He got the message first. Yeah, that's my story and I am sticking to it!!

Back to my little bundles of joy...All I can say is that God makes them cute, so their parents will put up with them!

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

Hi! I'm not a phone person either. My calls generally are less than 30 seconds and only happen once ina blue moon.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Ella said...

My children wait until a "Mommy has a headache" moment before they decide they are going to scream and shout. That, or until I am on the phone; they aren't fussy.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My children have mastered the wait until mommy is speaking to another adult before NEEDING her. In person or on the phone. It's definitely some switch and I just want to find the off button.

The screaming? Most of the time. My youngest has not found his volume control yet even though we keep trying to have him imitate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home