Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Follow Up to "I Should Be In Bed"

I want to thank you for all your wonderful advice and comments about a clean house.

As I was cleaning under the fridge I found this quote (that must have fallen off the fridge!) written by Phyllis Diller:
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing;
Is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing!
Isn't it true.

Of course you realize, that now I do have one place in my house that is clean (under the fridge!!) Too bad nobody can see it!

3 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger Christine said...

What a nice quote! I have a poem that I printed out and put on my daughter's bullatin board. (I may not get it exactly right here, but you've probably heard it)

Cleaning and dusting can wait 'til tomorrow,
For Babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow,
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my babies, and babies don't sleep.

There is another one I have on my fridge that I just love, but it's longer. Let me know if you'd like to hear it, and I'll email it to you!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I remember meeting Phyllis Diller during my previous life as a radio hack. She was a lot smaller than I thought she'd be, and in retrospect, she didn't strike me as someone who would either shovel her walk or clean her house.

I love our chaotic little world.It may not be neat or pretty at any given moment during the day, and it certainly can't be tied in a bow. But I can't imagine it being any other way. As long as I get to enjoy it with you and the magical little people we made, I'm good.

Phyllis would not be proud. Somehow, I don't really mind.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're suppose to clean UNDER the fridge? ACK! Actually, that's my husband's job.

I'll have to try it next time I feel cleaning isn't worth it because they just make another mess. Can anyone think of another place the kids can't dirty. (I should say, 'are less likely to dirty' as we all know they can dirty anything.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home